Psychological Safety: Privilege & Power
Date & Location
About this event
Power dynamics at the workplace play out in subtle and nuanced ways that are often hard to see and even harder to talk about. Unconscious biases around race, class, gender and sexuality add a further layer of complexity to power relations at work. Particularly in self-managing work environments with limited resources, multitasking, ambitious goals/ objectives, risk of burn-out, carving out a space and time for reflecting upon how we live our values is difficult and usually, not high on priority.
Purpose: To practice building psychological safety in collaborative teams with the lens of privilege and power.
Outcomes: Participants walk away with
- A preliminary understanding of how they are positioned in the power x privilege nexus
- Reflections on ways in which they may be contributing to power inequality at their workplace individual privilege/ ways in which they may contribute to power inequality at the workplace
- Ideas/ strategies for building anti-oppression psychological safety within their own teams
Process: Create a safe space where we can ask reflective / personal questions on gender, inclusivity, power through a series of interactive group exercises.
When: 29 April, 2021 9 - 10:30 am CET / 12.30 - 2.00 pm IST
Where: on Zoom
Brought to you by Jyotsna Sara George
Facilitator / Trainer : Gender, Power, Diversity and Inclusion
I am a campaigner at heart, with a passion for creating spaces for reflection and vulnerability to uncover and challenge systemic oppression. I have a background in grassroots activism through my work in the Tibetan Freedom Movement. I have over 8 years experience in grassroots mobilisation, community organising, facilitation and training, and movement building. My facilitation methodology is premised on an intersectional lens of gender, equity and power dynamics.
- Sold OutOrg Funded / Higher Income€70€700€0
- Sold OutSelf Funded€50€500€0
- Sold OutLower Income€30€300€0